Go Play...Isn't that every parents words?
Roller skating, tether ball, street hockey, riding bikes, are just a few of the memories I have of my childhood that I considered play. I loved it so much that I would be so upset if my mother wouldn't let me play outside after school. Play teaches us so much, it ignites our imagination, it spikes our creativity, relieves stress and hurt, and it is so freeing. Do you remember playing as a child? No worry in the world, enjoying every minute of having the joy to be, to express oneself and fully engage in whatever activity you were doing at the time. Watching my own children play is one of my favorite things to watch (well when they aren't fighting these days) there is something about the way their eyes grow big as their excitement over playing brings a smile, laughter, happiness and creativity. Why is it as we grow up many of us think we have to loose that play in us? Adulting doesn't have to be all that serious, I understand bringing the playful side of us is hard during some seasons of our life. However, I feel like if we all took sometime to play, feel free to be silly, laugh, joke around, dance, use our imagination more, adults would be less stressed and happy. Sounds easy right? Than why don't we do it? Maybe we feel "too old," maybe we are just so busy doing life that we forget, maybe some of us feel like we wont be taken serious? Or... maybe it's that we forgot what we use to love... the things that made you go and play, be silly, the things that brought out your playful side.
I took some time to research this play thing, it is actually a big deal! Play is important for children and adults. Many of us would think that the opposite of play is work, right? NOPE! It is actually depression... you know that ugly thing that is killing a lot of people these days. Our mental health is just as important as our psychical health. Being playful and getting out to play as adults helps reduce stress, it boost our creativity, helps get along better with others, and brings closer connection with our partners. I can't express how much we just need to let loose and have fun. So you're asking, what do you mean go out and play or be a playful person? Think back to your childhood...what activities sparked you to go out and play, what made others want to hang out with you? Those things are the things that should still make you go out and have fun. Was it riding a bike? Playing baseball on Sundays, running races, swimming, dancing? I bet if you really took the time to reflect what makes you jump out of your seat and have a good time, I am sure you can make a list of things that would make you bring out your playful side. We all have a playful side. I have heard from others, "I don't consider myself a playful person," some of you have forgotten what its like to play and we are so busy in the mundane of life. I get it, we can get wrapped up in work, kids, the house, bills, we almost forget to let loose and play. My challenge for you is to start a list of fun things for you to do first! Noticed I said for you... not your kids, your partner, just you. Start little by little checking off those activities and doing them, make time on a day you take for yourself and get out there and play.
Now, I don't want you to think that play just means doing fun activities...play can come from your personality, it can come from your vibe you send out, the way you interact with the people around you. I have always considered myself a positive playful person. I get this side from my dad. When I think of my dad, he is a great definition of play. He is always joking around with people, smiling, and thinking of ways to make people feel comfortable and welcomed. Sometimes initiating a conversation to a complete stranger is being playful. It's all about making a difference in someone else's day, making people feel better and just lighting up their world. Next time you are out, ask yourself? Am I being playful today? Do the kids see me being playful? It is important that our children see us being happy and playful. Like I mentioned before, play for children is so crucial. If we deprive them from playing we are simply taking their childhood away. PLAY IS LEARNING! Get in the mud with them, slide down the slide with them at the park, skip with the them down the grocery store, and sing at the top of your lungs with them. That is what I call a playful person.
I am sure you get the point by now right? Finding whatever it is that makes you get out of your element and do more of it! Make that list for yourself, maybe make a list of things you want to do with your children, your partner. Playing with our children is easy, they will lead in that department. I know as moms and dads we get caught up on working on the house, going down the to do list, but find a time to sit with your child and play. If your child is older, ask them "what would you like to do for fun today?" I am pretty sure they will know right off the bat, plus remember LOVE is spelled TIME with our kids. How can I be playful with my partner? We seem to forget that being playful with our partners is important. Keep the flirting alive!!! Life is already so busy to not make time to flirt with your partner, spouse... send them a playful text, tickle them, pinch their booty, attack them with kisses, you guys get the point? Continue doing the things to keep the spark alive, get playful and creative in the bedroom. Yes, have fun with it! Plan creative dates doing fun things you both enjoy. Hiking, running on the beach, rock climbing, those are all activities that can bring out your playful side with each other. I pray you guys will go out and find your playful side, find the things to do to have fun. I promise you, you won't regret that time you spent having fun and laughing. Keep your youth alive and don't loose your playful side!!!.
I would love to hear your adventures as you start living more playful, message me, email me, send me a DM through Instagram your stores or pictures. My hearts desire is that you find your playful side and enjoy every minute of this thing we call LIFE, you only get one!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
-George Bernard Shaw
Now, I don't want you to think that play just means doing fun activities...play can come from your personality, it can come from your vibe you send out, the way you interact with the people around you. I have always considered myself a positive playful person. I get this side from my dad. When I think of my dad, he is a great definition of play. He is always joking around with people, smiling, and thinking of ways to make people feel comfortable and welcomed. Sometimes initiating a conversation to a complete stranger is being playful. It's all about making a difference in someone else's day, making people feel better and just lighting up their world. Next time you are out, ask yourself? Am I being playful today? Do the kids see me being playful? It is important that our children see us being happy and playful. Like I mentioned before, play for children is so crucial. If we deprive them from playing we are simply taking their childhood away. PLAY IS LEARNING! Get in the mud with them, slide down the slide with them at the park, skip with the them down the grocery store, and sing at the top of your lungs with them. That is what I call a playful person.
I am sure you get the point by now right? Finding whatever it is that makes you get out of your element and do more of it! Make that list for yourself, maybe make a list of things you want to do with your children, your partner. Playing with our children is easy, they will lead in that department. I know as moms and dads we get caught up on working on the house, going down the to do list, but find a time to sit with your child and play. If your child is older, ask them "what would you like to do for fun today?" I am pretty sure they will know right off the bat, plus remember LOVE is spelled TIME with our kids. How can I be playful with my partner? We seem to forget that being playful with our partners is important. Keep the flirting alive!!! Life is already so busy to not make time to flirt with your partner, spouse... send them a playful text, tickle them, pinch their booty, attack them with kisses, you guys get the point? Continue doing the things to keep the spark alive, get playful and creative in the bedroom. Yes, have fun with it! Plan creative dates doing fun things you both enjoy. Hiking, running on the beach, rock climbing, those are all activities that can bring out your playful side with each other. I pray you guys will go out and find your playful side, find the things to do to have fun. I promise you, you won't regret that time you spent having fun and laughing. Keep your youth alive and don't loose your playful side!!!.
I would love to hear your adventures as you start living more playful, message me, email me, send me a DM through Instagram your stores or pictures. My hearts desire is that you find your playful side and enjoy every minute of this thing we call LIFE, you only get one!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
-George Bernard Shaw


Comments
Post a Comment